Explore our Milestones
The „FAbrik für WErkzeuge und MAschinen, Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung in Ründeroth“ was founded.
The founding members: Heinrich Kleinjung, Fritz Müller Edmund Rottländer and Paul Vorberg. By the mid 1920s the company was already employing 20 people.
The first export of goods took place to England/the United Kingdom.
Due to the financial crash „FAbrik für WEerkzeuge und MAschinen GmbH“ was forced to stop production and close down.
Saw the start of the manufacturing of spare parts for locomotives for the “Reichsbahn”.
Heinrich Kleinjung extended the production hall and was employing 5 people, as well as 29 workers and 2 apprentices.
FAWEMA starts using electric lights.
Production of a range of machine parts for the mining industry among others.
The engineer Julius Schwirten builds the first dosing machine for FAWEMA.
FAWEMA presents the AGMA packaging machines.
1953 - 1954
Edeka (A large supermarket chain in Germany) headquarters in Hamburg order 250 dosing machines.
The Albrecht brothers (founders of ALDI) place an order for dosing machines for nearly 100 sites.
A new collation system is designed and built.
24 representatives around the world: in all western European countries, in North- and South America as well as in Algeria, Australia, Japan and South Africa.
The FA 10 and FA 20 machines are launched to the market
The FA 310 means the breakthrough of FAWEMA as a manufacturer of packaging machines.
FAWEMA stops the manufacturing of locomotive spare parts and focuses on the production of packaging machines.
FAWEMA reaches exports accounting for 80 percent of total production.
A new production and assembly hall are inaugurated for the 75th anniversary.
The Munich based company M.A.X Holding AG takes over FAWEMA.
The first FAWEMA 3-stroke machines are launched.
Acquisition of the company Vision Schlauchbeutelmaschinen for the integration of new models into the FA range.
FAWEMA is acquired by Mr. Peter Steindl, a graduate in business and engineering, within a management buyout of the M.A.X. Automation GmbH.
The latest FAWEMA servo-driven packaging line FA 217 is brought to the market.
The new production hall introducing state-of-the-art high bay storage facilities is inaugurated.
FAWEMA opens new sales and service locations in East Africa and the USA.
HQ Equita acquires FAWEMA and HDG and founds The Packaging Group (TPG).
FAWEMA employs around 120 people world-wide.
New extension and renovation of the administrative building at the headquarters in Engelskirchen-Ründeroth.